Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gluten Free


A couple months ago I found out that I'm allergic to Gluten, my first thought was that I was going to starve to death, because Gluten is in EVERYTHING. Okay so I lied my first thought actually was "Dear Lord please don't let there be Gluten in Dr. pepper." but starving to death was definitely the second. Well needless to say a couple months have passed and much to my surprise I'm still alive, and actually enjoying the food I've been eating. After the initial shock I began experimenting with recipes, taking classes, and getting advice from fellow non-wheat-eaters, and I have not only felt a huge difference with my health but I've also found that being allergic to Gluten doesn't have to seem like a cruel punishment. True, Gluten is found in what seems like EVERYTHING, but that doesn't mean we have to sacrifice the foods we love. We also don't have to risk the stomach aches for a little taste of something yummy anymore, because there are so many recipes that are Gluten free and will give you the same satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment